1. In what instances does Amgen collect personal information about you?
- When you interact with Amgen staff members or our representatives;
- When you participate in, or request to be considered for Amgen-related activities, such as clinical trials, advisory boards or consultancies;
- When you register for an Amgen-sponsored event (including online events); and
- When you contact us for medical information, safety or quality issues.
2. Why does Amgen process personal information about you?
Amgen processes personal information about you for purposes which may include:
- To manage Amgen's professional and scientific activities, such as participation in market research, clinical trials, professional meetings or congresses;
- To promote and assess Amgen's products and services (for example, sending marketing newsletters or performing market research);
- To respond to requests for medical information;
- To pay you for services or reimburse your expenses;
- To assist you in planning trips related to Amgen's business or products;
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements such as safety monitoring, adverse event reporting and internal auditing obligations;
- To identify and engage with you as a scientific expert or a professional leader; and
- For purposes such as storage and backup.
3. What kind of personal information do we process?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, Amgen may process:
- Your name;
- Your contact information such as address, email or telephone number;
- Your login and password to connect to Amgen services online;
- Your curriculum vitae and professional information such as areas of specialization;
- Your past collaborations with Amgen;
- Dates and brief summary of interactions with Amgen's sales representatives or medical staff; and
- Financial and banking information, but only if necessary to pay you for services or reimburse your expenses.
4. Who can access personal information about you?
Depending on the purposes for which personal information is collected, such information may be accessed by:
- Authorized staff from Amgen or its representatives acting on Amgen's behalf, subject to applicable privacy laws;
- Regulatory authorities and ethics committees or other third parties pursuant to applicable laws;
- Third parties processing personal information as a data processor under Amgen's instruction (for example, a travel service or a clinical research organization); and
- Third parties with which Amgen collaborates (for example, other pharmaceutical companies), but only after taking reasonable steps to ensure that we can share such information in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
5. Where is personal information about you being processed?
Amgen is a multi-national company headquartered in the United States. Amgen maintains data centers around the world, including in the European Union and the United States. Amgen may process personal information in global databases that can be accessed by authorized Amgen personnel worldwide. Transfers outside of Hong Kong are made in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
6. How can you access, correct or delete the personal information about you that we process?
You have the right to request access to and correction of information. Please contact our Data Protection Officer at Hong Kong. Suite 408-12, 4/F, One Island East. 18 Westlands Road Island East, Hong Kong or at the email: email@example.com.
© 2016 Amgen Inc. All Rights Reserved